[OM] Re: Coverage angle of T-32, was: Vivitar 550FD M/P/O discussion

Subject: [OM] Re: Coverage angle of T-32, was: Vivitar 550FD M/P/O discussion
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 21:58:52 -0200
Hi Moose

Well I had some time on my hands when I was 25, a white big wall very near
my house, a new T-32 and a almost new 28/2.8 - unfortunately the 24/2.8 was
too expensive for me at the time.

I must make some corrections to my former post, now that I've found my notes
and the slides.

Test was done in two shots on Ektachrome 100 (EN 135-36) on Nov. 1985.

First one says "Zuiko 50mm f 1.4 @ f2.8, Olympus T-32 flash @ GN 32,
distance 11.45 meters".

Second says "Zuiko 28mm f 2.8 @ maximum aperture, Olympus T-32 flash @ GN
16, distance 5.71 meters".

Wide open, the ektachrome 100 came underexposed and with noticeable falloff
compared to the 50 @ 2.8 at the corresponding distances from the wall.

Besides careful distance measuring and outdoor night shooting, now I wonder
if four AA Ni-Cd were enough to fully charge the condenser despite the
charge lamp being lit. Now that I've got a PBG2 I know what does a fully
charged condenser mean. Anyway, this doesn't explain why the 50 @ 2.8 slides
were correctly exposed.

The slides returned from Tokyo, and I am looking at them now. I think I
didn't ask clearly enough so I received a vaguely related answer to my
question.

In half-thinking mode,

Fernando