[OM] Re: [OT] Is The MAC Dead - NO!

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Is The MAC Dead - NO!
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 19:51:49 -0800
> From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>>> 1. no virus problem
>>
>> Not true. There are mac viruses...
>
> despite the Mac¹s relatively small
> market share, a successful virus/worm/Trojan
> attack against Mac OS X would likely garner
> significantly more notoriety and fame...

Coming to Tom's defense for a moment here, I do think being a minority
player has *something* to do with the lack of Mac viruses. This is
simple agronomy -- fill a field with monoculture, and you invite the
pests.

But on the other hand, this particular monoculture is so inviting, so
easy to exploit, I'll bet it would be virus-ridden even if it were not
a court-declared illegal monopoly.

:::: Of course I don't have all the answers -- I don't even have all
the questions!
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>