[OM] OT, Computers, Macs, something which is dying, ...

Subject: [OM] OT, Computers, Macs, something which is dying, ...
From: Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:40:18 +0100
Folks,

As a user of -- say - niche-systems myself I enjoy the regular
discussion on which system is dying when (usually it's *BSD that gets
accused), the relative merits of FlyfOS over PlapOS and so on. However
I'm getting the distinct feeling that other venues might be more
appropriate for in-depth discussions than the olympus-list.

With the advent of digital photography, it's evident that some
computer-related issues are somewhat relevant to this list
(connection/transfer, post-processing etc), however I've got the sense
that (for example) different systems susceptibility to virus etc is a
little beyond this list.

That said, I am distinctly impressed how the discussion has stayed
sober and not gotten into a partisan flame-fest. goes to show, that the
crowd on this list (and OM-users in general) are stand-up, good-natured
and sensible  folks.

My suggestion, however, would be to let these threads be what's dying ;)

Cheers,

--thomas