[OM] (OM) OT Weather and suchlike

Subject: [OM] (OM) OT Weather and suchlike
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 23:29:21 +1300
Hi,

It's official then. The backtowards, umbrella-clad shot of Andrew F reminded
me that according to an analysis just reported for New Zealand, the month of
December just past was the 5th coldest since climate records began. No
wonder I still have an eiderdown on my bed.  Also wet (not the eiderdown).

OM content; at least for a change we have some interesting skies with
marvellous cloud formations.  Clear blue skies can make for boring, highly
contrasty photos.

Thai content. I just learned that my eldest niece is touring around Thailand
and has not been in contact since the tsunami. She is therefore either one of
the 7 NZ Phuket tourists unconfirmed as live, injured or dead, or one of the
106 Thailand wider area NZ tourists with status not yet confirmed. She / they
(boyfriend) had not originally planned to visit the beach resorts, but that
could
have changed. A bit of a worry.  No OM content.

Brian