[OM] Re: C-8080 Battery Charging

Subject: [OM] Re: C-8080 Battery Charging
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 23:47:26 -0000
Hmm, that goes against most of my experiences with Panasonic.  Always
found them to be very well engineered and well built.  Admittedly my
experience is limited to 2 of their videos & 3 of their VCR's (spread
amongst the family), but they are all relatively old and still going
strong (touch wood).

Still, I've seen a marked downturn in quality and reliability of just
about everything built recently, so nothing would surprise me ... !

Jon

<snip>
I recently crossed Panasonic off my list of brands I would buy after
the failure of a 2 year old LCD television. Replacement of the
motherboard would have cost $2000. I realized when considering it that
over the years most of the Panasonic stuff I have bought just stops
prematurely whereas most of the other brands are just retired because I
want something better. Too bad about the alliance between Panasonic and
Leica.
</snip>