[OM] Re: Darkrooms and septic tanks

Subject: [OM] Re: Darkrooms and septic tanks
From: Robert McFetridge <rmcfet@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 14:30:11 -0500
I do the same although if I had more than a few litres a month I would
likely look at an alternative option. Small amounts of photo chemicals
do not hurt septic systems but  I would not put any in anyhow.
Sometimes local film developing firms will accept your used chemicals
for disposal with their own. You might explore this route too. It
certainly is the most environmentally sound and allows for silver
retreival.
On Jan 2, 2005, at 12:43, Simon Worby wrote:

> Philippe Le Zuikomane wrote:
>
>> Is there info out there on the safe disposal of
>> relevant chemicals?
>
> We too have a septic tank. I dispose of all nasty chemicals directly
> onto the gravel drive. It doesn't hurt my tank bacteria, and has the
> added benefit of keeping the weeds at bay.
>
> Simon
> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

RT McFetridge