[OM] Darkrooms and septic tanks

Subject: [OM] Darkrooms and septic tanks
From: Philippe Le Zuikomane <zuikomane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 11:19:06 -0600
This is a plea for enlightenment... I may have an opportunity to include a
small darkroom in our remodeled house. One concern is that we use a septic
system in an environmentally sensitive area just west of Austin, TX, near the
Colorado river. Is there info out there on the safe disposal of relevant
chemicals?

I'm thinking of limiting myself to 35mm and black and white, to make it simpler
and more compact. I'm hoping there will be enough demand for B&W film that I
can get all the supplies I need for the next few years! We will be digging
holes and doing some new foundation work next spring so we can look into a
custom disposal system if needed.

All pointers most welcome...

Happy New Year to the list (and let's donate for relief in Asia)

Phil

==