[OM] Re: scanning with my CanoScan FS2710

Subject: [OM] Re: scanning with my CanoScan FS2710
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 19:41:03 -0800

>Do you turn the scanner on
>before the computer? It has to initialize before being contacted by the
>SCSI driver.

Also I've had good success after turning on any of my scanners after the
computer is up and running by going to the Device Manager and hitting
the Refresh button. They seem to be recognized and perform flawlessly.
Seems the PhotoSmart and FS4000 squabble over twunk_16 and so i can
switch between the two of them without rebooting. The Canon software
doesn't work this way but VueScan runs without a hitch. I'm finding the
PhotoSmart to be much faster and better for previewing.

Mike