[OM] Here we go again [e*ay rant]

Subject: [OM] Here we go again [e*ay rant]
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 05:21:33 -0800 (PST)
I just received a Zuiko 35-70/3.6 via UPS yesterday.  This one had the
Olympus case as well as the hood for $160, definitely not a steal
though a decent price I thought.  I talked with the seller over the
phone before I purchased it and he told me the owner bought it new,
seldom used it and the optics were flawless.  Upon opening the package,
the cosmetic condition of the lens, case and hood were indeed excellent
but as soon as I held the lens up to a incandescent
bulb...ARRRRGGGGGHH!  I couldn't imagine how he missed the scratch on
the front element.  And it looks like there is a small scratch on an
inner element just below the front one which I thought might have been
a lint fiber initially.  Both scratches are light and fine and probably
wouldn't cause any noticable flare but the point is I wouldn't have
bothered bidding on the thing in the first place if I knew of these
flaws.  So now comes the hassle of contacting the seller and
negotiating a partial refund or return... not the end of the world or
that big of a problem like a tidal wave crashing into your backyard,
just an annoyance I rather not deal with any longer.  So, no more e*ay
purchases of used Zuiko lenses for me. :)

Richard

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo