[OM] Re: Am I out of line? (Ebay politics)

Subject: [OM] Re: Am I out of line? (Ebay politics)
From: Ali Shah <farali@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:24:49 -0500
Go with what your bank says and what the WU policies state. Write an
email to the buyer and point out the WU's policies. You have to watch
your back. I had a similar situation in which the buyer paid via paypal.
I couldnt ship the item right away so I emailed the buyer with an option
for a refund or having him wait. He opted for the refund cuz he just
"had" to have the item by a certain date. Anyhow I went to do the refund
and I find out that the buyer closed his paypal account. I found this
out after emailing the buyer and he says "oh yeah I closed the account"
and he wouldnt take a bank check back either. After much back and
forth....he sends me info. for another paypal account for the refund.
Being a bit skeptical...I contacted Paypal and they told me to hold on
to the $$$ cuz if the "other" Paypal account is fraudulent...guess who
pays!!??!

Watch yourself and if he doesnt want to leave + feedback....screw him.

- Ali