[OM] Re: sights around san jose?

Subject: [OM] Re: sights around san jose?
From: Der Eiserne Reiter <ferider@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:36:55 -0800 (PST)
Hi Siddiq,

- if you are in Frisco visit the "7 sisters", some victorian houses with a
Skyline background
- the Golden Gate park is nice with different attractions. I like the "Orchid
house", an Art
Nouveaux Steel & Glass building which has amongst others a large ochid
collection.
- there is an Orchid breeder in Pacifica (about 10 miles south of SF)
- there are multiple lighthouses all along Highway 1, that I like, if you are
interested;
   for instance:
    - point bonita (close to SF, very nice)
    - pigeon point
    - halfmoon bay (moss beach, I think)
    - santa cruz
    - monterey
- there are multiple Japanese Gardens, San Francisco (GG Park), San Jose,
Saratoga, San Mateo,
Hayward (pretty!)
- If Monterey is not too far, visit Point Lobos, one of the prettiest coast
parks in N Cal.
- for views, a drive up to Mt Hamilton, or Highway 9 to Skyline Blv (Hway 35)
is nice. Mt Hamilton
has an old observatory.

Just my 2 cents,

Roland.

--- Siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> i'll be san jose for a wedding thurs. evening thru sat. (xmas) noon.
> anything particularly interesting that i would want to see? won't have a
> car, don't think (going w/ family), so immediate vicinity historic places
> or other classy old structures are my cup of tea. ideally, i'd drive up in
> a second car, and go up bezerkeley and 'frisco :(
>
> --
> /S
> aim:iddibhai
> icq:104079359