[OM] Re: Q: questions considering some problems with purchased Winder 2

Subject: [OM] Re: Q: questions considering some problems with purchased Winder 2 from ...
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 08:16:34 EST

In a message dated 12/21/2004 6:22:21 AM Central Standard Time,
matti.puhakka@xxxxxx writes:

The  sound of
the motor is not so smooth at all. more like a bit "jerky".

2. The winder drained my new batteries in 12hours: I took maybe 5  shots with
the winder. Seems like it has some kind of power drainage  problem.

Are these problems common for winder  2,

These winders are, in my opinion, loud.

Did you check the batteries or did the winder just stop working and you
assumed the batteries were dead?

One common problem is that the battery holder gets a little warped and can
easily be straightened out with a couple of pencils, a couple of rubber bands
and a light bulb.  Perhaps the person who told me how to do it several  years
ago, will post the solution again.  The concept is to get the battery  tray
fairly close to the light (12 inches or so) and have the rubber bands  securing
the ends of one pencil and the other one being placed between that  pencil and
the battery tray in such a manner as to create a little pressure so  that as
the battery tray warms up the warp will be removed. This is an  overnight job.

OK, the technicians out there need to give the better explanation than that
provided by my memory.  Bill Barber