[OM] Re: 2SP battery drain

Subject: [OM] Re: 2SP battery drain
From: wolfgang utz <utz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:21:51 +0100
On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:36:48 -0000
"Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does switching the camera to B or red_60 switch off all circuits
> completely and thus prevent any battery drain, or does it simply mean
> the main circuits can't be switched on accidentally by inadvertent light
> activation of the shutter release button? But that otherwise drain
> whilst not in use is the same?

Dear Simon,

I am using my OM2-sp since 20 years. First I took batteries of type LR44 (1.5 V
Alkaline).
I needed two pieces for just one roll of film.

Afterward I changed to SR44 (Silveroxide, 1.55V). This was a great change,
since those batteries seemed to have low drain.
Therefore you can leave them within the OM-2SP also if the camera is out of
use. And of course you will get more rolls out of them.
Also I switch the OM always to B, if I will not use it for some time.
Good luck,

Wolfgang