[OM] Re: WTB- 25mm auto extension tube

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB- 25mm auto extension tube
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 20:40:57 +1100
The well regarded Vivitar/Teleplus 2X Macro type which I think was made
by Glanz (sp?) has considerable extension - just measured it at 18mm
approx. for 1:1 reproduction with a 50mm. As you turn it, the nose
extends forward.
The extension increases tube length between the magnifying lens
elements and the mounted lens - for those who were asking about the
best place to fit an extension tube a few weeks back. This manufacturer
seems to think that the tube should go between the the teleconverter
and the lens.
AndrewF