[OM] Re: FTP was: E-1 pdf manual  found at last!

Subject: [OM] Re: FTP was: E-1 pdf manual  found at last!
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:41:18 +0000
Hi Bernard

Yes, I have just used Connect to Server to connect to my ftp server
(threeshoes.co.uk).  The next trick will be to see how to upload files
directly using that route.  I already use Fetch or Dreamweaver to
upload files to servers for the display Internet.  I suppose I could
put the file (E1 reference) into the root folder of my server; or I
could put it in the Public folder of my Mac iDrive online.

Cheers

Chris

p.s. so there we have it eh Piers? :-) cb

On 16 Dec 2004, at 9:44, Bernard Frangoulis wrote:

>> FTP is a bit easier than it used to be, Chris, since a client is
>> built into
>> Win XP Explorer.  All you need to do is ... Oh, yes, I nearly forgot
>> ... All
>> YOU need to do is to 'upgrade from that Mac.
>>
>> ;-)
>>

> Well, you can just use the "Connect to server"
> item in the Finder "Go" menu (Mac OS X Panther).
> Doesn't always work well...
>
> Rather, you could use the very nice "Transmit"
> program from the good folks at Panic software
> (www.panic.com).
>
> Bernard

<|_:-)_|>
C M I Barker