[OM] Re: Can anyone identify this Zuiko?

Subject: [OM] Re: Can anyone identify this Zuiko?
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 22:39:50 -0800
on 12/15/04 12:04 PM, Simon Worby at simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The description is clearly inaccurate:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3858841843
>
> Another image at:
>
> http://www.lestac.co.uk/om/IMG_1328.JPG
>
> What series does it fit, etc.? Roughly what age is it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Simon

Simon -- I think that is a 50/1.8 for the Olympus FTL, a predecessor to the
OM-1. I believe the FTL was made from late 1960's (c. 1969) to 1972 when the
OM-1 was released. Some of the first OM lenses duplicate focal lengths and
apertures of the FTL lenses, but the 'system' was nowhere near as broad.
Among the M42 cameras the FTL has a middling reputation, considered good
quality but with no groundbreaking features. The OM-1, on the other hand,
was revolutionary.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...