[OM] Re: Power Winder

Subject: [OM] Re: Power Winder
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:11:07 -0400

> I have one and it works very well. The price does seem a bit high. Maybe
you
> could contact him and negotiate a bit?....
> To those who ask: "Why not get the 'real thing'?.."  Maybe they want a
brand
> new one and not take a chance on a used "real thing" with an unknown
history.
> Even the real thing has been known to malfunction after years of use, now
> haven't they?
>
> George S.

I've been thinking along those same lines. I would prefer a Winder 2, but
given the list discussion in the recent past with the problems of an
internal washer which seems to self destruct or disintegrate, I am wondering
if this generic winder might be the better way to go. So I'm glad to hear
that someone has a had a good experience with one.
Besides that, from what I've been watching on the auction site, it is not
all that easy to find the real thing much cheaper. And if the real thing has
to be sent in for an overhaul, it is certainly not cheaper.
Wayne