[OM] Re: Auto Bellows question

Subject: [OM] Re: Auto Bellows question
From: Glenn Stauffer <alaxsxaq@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:05:44 -0500
On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:36:04 -0800, Jeff Keller <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The sliding rail clamp could be due to damage to the white nylon guides. If
> you look at it carefully you might be able to see what's wrong. I've never
> tried to take mine apart. The thumb screw pushes the side of the nylon guide
> in against the rail. They often crack but it would seem like it could still
> be forced against the rail. Perhaps where the thumbscrew pushes against the
> nylon a hole has developed.

I checked the clamp and it looks fine - the plastic shows what might
be some cracking from flexing, but the cracks don't appear to go all
the way through.  The thumb screw pushes against a metal plate, so
there isn't a hole there.  Maybe I just didn't have it tight enough.

> The tight front lens mount is surprising. IRRC the metal is thick enough I
> would be surprised if it was bent. Maybe something is preventing the lens
> release from retracting.

In your experience, should the lens be as easy to mount onto the
bellows as onto the camera itself?  The mount on the bellows is
definitely tighter than the camera mount.  I can't see any reason why.
 Everything appears normal, though there are wear marks around the
outside edge in a few spots that makes me think something isn't right
with this one.

The person who sold this to me guaranteed it.  I might have to test
the guarantee and return it for a refund.

Glenn