[OM] Re: Extension Tubes

Subject: [OM] Re: Extension Tubes
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 13:09:27 -0800
Different focal length lenses will need a different amount of extension to
focus to a specific macro size. When you put an extension tube on you will
no longer be able to focus at infinity. So you need to pick the appropriate
length for your lens focal length and the macro reproduction range that you
will be working in.

The auto extension tubes will let the camera automatically stop down your
lens aperture to what you have it set at. The manual extension tubes require
that you stop down the aperture yourself.

-jeff