[OM] Re: Teleconverter: mount it before/with the lens?

Subject: [OM] Re: Teleconverter: mount it before/with the lens?
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 18:40:08 +0000
I've got a half dozen Tamron lenses, but the 300/2.8 is the only one to which I
have attached or ever even had the urge to attach a teleconverter.  Although I
have both the 1.4X and 2X Tamron TCs, I've never used either one, mainly
because of the extra futzing around involved in hooking one up.  Instead, I use
the Oly TCs, and the results with them, particularly the 1.4X-A, are so good
that I can't imagine the Tamrons could be enough better to make a lazy person
go to to the extra trouble required to use one.  In fact, except for the
increased focal length, I can tell almost no difference in the performance of
the 300/2.8 Tamron with and without the 1.4X-A.  Either way, it's outstanding,
as anybody who has one knows.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from