[OM] Reflecta Filmscanner ProScan 4000

Subject: [OM] Reflecta Filmscanner ProScan 4000
From: iwert <iwert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 09:58:59 +0100
Hello all,

I am looking for a scanner that will easily let me scan colour negatives
with good results. I have been looking around and found the less known
Reflecta Filmscanner ProScan 4000, 3600 dpi, including silverfast AI and
IT-8 calibration and firewire. It can scan a whole strip or even rol at a
time and is apparently a good scanner. Just never really heard about it...

The price is right at 482 euro including silverfast. The big plus seems to
me that there are no film holders needed, so no fiddling or sliding.
Any experiences?

Oh yes, this comes together with my decision to stay analogue for a while.
The lens chart for the E-system is not promising to me: Only 2 primes in
2005 (and probably not before summer), and none of these is a wide-angle.
I really liked the E-1 at Hombroich though, but I'ld only buy if there would
be something like a 10-12mm, 25mm and 50mm available.

Why are these Sinar cams so expensive? Would be nice to couple the 24shift
to digital for architectural photography.

Iwert.