[OM] Re: RIP T45

Subject: [OM] Re: RIP T45
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 07:45:23 -0000
Andreas Pirner wrote:

> I hope you either used 'real' film, or your trusted
> test-film-for-flash-testing, or even that famed-no-
> one-kept-it-film-substitute-card in your OM body
> while testing. I know of too many 'defunct' OM flashes
> simply because the tester forget to mock-up film,
> flashed with the poor OM reading reflection off
> black film pressure plate, and wondered why their
> flash nearly always fired full blast.

I didn't. I do for testing shutter speeds, and I would for checking flash
intensity. But the thing didn't flash at all!

> And: My T45 suffered from broken cable in that
> mounting piece from bracket to handle. There are
> soooo tiny little wires in there ... just resoldering
> did it.

Yes, since the red telltale light in the viewfinder does light up, I suspect
it's nowt more than that. But TBH I've lost patience with it.

> Finally: Before giving your T45 a decent burial,
> what do you want for THAT JUNK?

I paid £18. Postage was £8 on top of that (it's heavy with the charger, of
course). One never seems to get the postage back on eBay if one sends things
back, so effectively I'll get £10 for returning it (£18 minus the £8 postage).

I'm sure the bits are worth more than £10; in fact I'm sure they're worth more
than £18: surely even the charger alone is worth at least £30? Plus there's an
easily repairable battery pack, and a flash unit for spares. But I can't be
bothered splitting it up and reselling it.

Europe only, of course, since it's 240V, but if anyone would like it and is
prepared to pay the postage, they're welcome to it for £10. But please for an
enthusiast only -- not to sell it on for a quick buck.

Simon