[OM] Reply from Olympus about using OM Flash with e-1 camera

Subject: [OM] Reply from Olympus about using OM Flash with e-1 camera
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:28:20 EST
What follows is the response from Olympus to my question about using certain
OM flashes with the e-1 system.  Sorry I didn't ask about the 310, but the
remainder of the list is pretty comprehensive.  I'm liking yesterday's T8
purchase even more today.
This was an almost immediate response to my question, which I would say is
pretty good customer service.  Bill Barber

Dear Bill,

You will not cause any harm to your camera, however functionality will be
limited.

Regards,

Margaret
E-1 Digital Technical Support
Olympus Imaging America Inc.

                      Bill Barber

                      <nsurit@xxxxxxx>    To:       "e-slrpro@xxxxxxxxxxx" <
e-slrpro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                               cc:
                      12/02/2004 11:39         Subject:  Olympus E-System
                  AM

      Firstname:    Bill
Lastname: Barber
Email: nsurit@xxxxxxx
Choose: Other
Comments:    As a long time and loyal Olympus fan/customer/user, I have a
huge collection of OM equipment.  My e-1 gear is starting to grow with 4
lenses, and some other accessories.  You have sent me the OM to e-1
adapter.  Is there any reason for me to not use my T8, T28 or T32 flashes
on the e-1.  Manual operation doesn't bother me at this time as I will be
using it with OM lenses, however I don't want to do anything which might
fry the guts of my e-1.  Are there any reasons to not use these flashes
with the e-1?  Is there are possible harm that would be done to the e-1
camera by using flashes designed for the OM system?