[OM] Re: Infra-red heat lens repair

Subject: [OM] Re: Infra-red heat lens repair
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 19:54:26 +0000
I've got a pair of 58/5.6 Rodenstock Grandagons, really wonderful lenses.  One
is absolutely perfect, which is a fairly rare condition, since they commonly
suffer from edge separation.  The second one is not bad, and what little
separation it has doesn't have any effect on it's useability, but considering
the prices ones without any separation are going for nowadays, I'm thinking
about just sending it off to Mr. Grimes.  I'm afraid I'll screw it up.  I can't
think of anything I've ever done for the first time I didn't know immediately
afterwards, even before lighting a cigarette, that I couldn't do better the
next time.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from