[OM] Vivitar macro 2x tele converter

Subject: [OM] Vivitar macro 2x tele converter
From: "Dean Tyler" <dtyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 15:42:03 -0500
Hi All,

I searched the archives and there has been considerable is discussion on the
Vivitar 2x macro teleconverter.  From what I have read, it seems like a good
teleconverter for the money.  I am thinking about one for my 50mm f2 and
newly acquired Series 1 135mm f2.3.  Some people have mentioned vignetteing
with faster lens.  Do you think it would work well with these lens?  I might
consider a 2xa, but I don't think it would work with the Vivitar 135mm.  The
rear lens on the 135mm has a protruding ring, like the 85mm f2.  Any
opinions?

Dean