[OM] Re: ( OM ) Winter Solstice site alive etc

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM ) Winter Solstice site alive etc
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:29:23 +1300
Fernando wrote

Re: > > I am now ready to accept 2003 exchange images you'd like
displayed.

> This I didn't understand.
> Do you mean the exchange goes backwards until last year's solstice, so we
> could be having two exchanges before December 21? - or that I can send you a
> small file to be displayed there without entering the exchange?. Or was an
> exchange held before Dec 21 2003 and I missed it? I saw two pictures already
> displayed, yesterday or perhaps the day before. The site is seen ok with iCab,
> my current browser.
>
> Interesting messing with latitudes and longitudes - seasons and days.
> Reminds me of a book I read...
>
> Fernando.

Fernando, the 2003 exchange ( I forget the details now) either did not get
online, or only partly.

So I am inviting those people who participated in the 2003 Winter Solstice
Exchange to send me their exchange images for me to upload.

Gives me some practice at handling and refining the site before the 2004
display gets really active, and if people visit they might get the idea that
they'd like to take part in 2004.

There are now 3 image sets up.

So, those of you who set an image off last year, feel free to send a jpeg of it
to me using the e-mail link on the page
http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/solstice/

I've looked at the site using several browsers now, and there is certainly a
great variation in quality and colour intensity. In my daughter's fairly new
machine, the colours are all pale and washed out.

Thanks, Brian