[OM] Re: Sigma 180

Subject: [OM] Re: Sigma 180
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 09:49:02 EST

Hi Jim,
I'm a little late responding. I bought the Sigma 180 F2.8 Macro about 7
years ago. Until your lens was offered for sale, I had only seen the lens
offered
for sale twice. The lens is Internal Focus and focuses to 1/2 life size.  The
tripod mount is near the front of the lens. RRS made/makes an ARCA Swiss
plate for it. It is very sharp and easy to focus, even near infinity. Sigma
made
some really unusual lenses in the OM mount late in their manual focus
days. If long lenses are your thing, Sigma made a 800 F5.6 APO in the mid
90's that I've got a deposit on.

Gary Faulkenberry

In a message dated 11/20/2004 1:20:14 PM Central Standard Time,