[OM] Re: Auto 310 vs. T32

Subject: [OM] Re: Auto 310 vs. T32
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 09:13:38 -0500
John Lind said:
Another question . . . based on the original one that included the
OM-2[S,sp] in the list of bodies . . .

What is the trigger voltage of the Quick-Auto 300/310?

Reason for question:
High trigger voltages fry bodies newer than the OM-1n/2n.

John, you apparently missed this post by Tim Hughes fronm Nov 10.  I
replied that I was going to test my 250V Vivitar 283 on my OM-2s.  I
haven't done it yet but will... so I hope Tim is right :-)

I thought there was also comment by Tim somewhere that said the QA 300
was a high trigger voltage flash but that the QA 310 was not.  However,
I can't find the comment so maybe Tim will respond.

I was also surprised to discover (by actually reading the manual) that
my Minolta A1 is protected to 400V on the PC conctact.

Chuck Norcutt