[OM] Re: Auto Tubes

Subject: [OM] Re: Auto Tubes
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:40:00 -0500
At 03:30 PM 11/17/04, Bill Barber wrote:

>No reason you can't use your tubes with a lens to give yourself a closer
>focusing distance.  Hmmm, seems like a tube attached to a 300 or 400mm
>lens might work well for taking photographs of rattlesnakes and alligators.

Last time I tried this, the lens front suddenly became very, very close to
what had *been* the front lens node . . . or was it as far back as what had
been the rear lens node.  Last photo on that roll was a magnificent macro
of a reptilian glottis.  Not a recommended method for working underwater
photographing sharks either.
;-)

-- John Lind