[OM] Re: Wadenhoe Northamptonshire #11

Subject: [OM] Re: Wadenhoe Northamptonshire #11
From: "GeeBee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:33:26 -0000
Hi Joel,

At one time there would have been a water wheel  to drive millstones for
grinding corn. These days it is a very swish private residence.

Andrew has it right about the shot and also about some old mills having the
water run under the building rather than to the side. This was taken when
the water level was low but at times it positively bursts through with
terrific force and I imagine with a lot of noise too. Again this is now a
private residence.

http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/p09.html

I did not choose wisely for my first outing. The first half a mile or so was
along a hillside at a sharp angle. The ground was very muddy and combined
with the slope a fall was inevitable. When the fall came is was quite
spectacular and resembled the old silent movie pratfalls. Legs thrown high
into the air with a one point landing on the arse in the mud.

I was very lucky not to injure myself but the only post operative pain I
felt was from having to stifle laughter because it was my wife who took the
fall :-)  I thought about taking a shot of her trying to get up but I
concluded that it may have resulted in my returning to the hospital so I
made do with a location shot:

http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Olympus/Wadenhoe_11a.htm

Graham
http://geebeephoto.com