[OM] Re: Re: Another flash question, I'm afraid

Subject: [OM] Re: Re: Another flash question, I'm afraid
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:45:14 -0000
To my understanding:

"Full auto control by OM-2" setting on a T-series flash is the same as
setting the flash to manual mode.  If you choose to set the flash to the
lower GN manual setting, then you get a lower GN flash (remarkably!).

When the T-series flash is set to either manual setting or "Full auto
control by OM-2" and is used on a TTL-flash capable camera which is itself
set to Auto, the T-series flash sensor will not operate, the camera will
control the flash.

When the T-series flash is set to either manual setting or "Full auto
control by OM-2" and is used on any camera which is set to manual, then you
get a fully manual flash dump (limited according to whether you chose the
lower GN setting). The T-series flash sensor will not operate, nor will the
camera control the flash.

I have not quoted your original question to avoid confusion, and I have
ignored your question about the signalling sequence.

--
Piers