[OM] Diopter Strength

Subject: [OM] Diopter Strength
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:40:59 -0800
Speaking of diopters, anyone know how to choose a diopter strength? I¹m
liking the adjustment on my OM-4ti, and would like to add it to my OM-1, but
of course I need to pick a single value. I suppose I could find a set for
sale somewhere....but...

Is there a relationship between actual diopter numbers and the position of
the dial on the OM-4ti? Or between what your optometrist would recommend for
reading glasses?

What¹s the virtual distance of the focusing screen/finder display? I vaguely
remember close to a metre....but I could be making that up.

I can imagine the ideal way would be, at the optometrist, have her dial in
the best view for the virtual distance of the view through the
viewfinder....

Thanks.

Rob Harrison
Seattle