[OM] Re: If you were only allowed three (3) types of OM body.....

Subject: [OM] Re: If you were only allowed three (3) types of OM body.....
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:38:01 EST
In a message dated 11/15/2004 1:02:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
david.w.bell@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>If you were only allowed three (3) types of OM body which would you choose
>and why? I have 1,1n,2n,10,40(PC). Have never held a 4 / 4ti or a 3/3ti or a
>2SP for that matter. Should I ditch the current gear and go for the 4ti?

Good question. I think my favorite body is probably the OM-2S, but I don't
think it will be one of the last around because of repairability issues.

I think anyones stable of OMs to keep around for a long time has to include
an OM-1(n). I suspect these will be the last of the OMs still shooting.

Of the rest of the OMs that I'm familiar with (OM-2n, OM-4, and OM-30). I'd
probably keep an OM-2n and an OM-4 along with an OM-1 if I were keeping 3
bodies. If I had to narrow it down to 2 bodies it would probably be an OM-1 and
an
OM-4 (my OM-4 has the Ti circuit - I'd choose a -Ti but I don't have one).

It might make the most sense just to keep three OM-1s, but I like variety :-)

Paul Schings