[OM] Re: OT--new GTO?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT--new GTO?
From: <OM4Ti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:46:57 -0500
Greg,
If you have not driven one yet, go and do so. They are a little doggy off
the line. The LS2 probably corrects this, but I have not driven one yet. I
am going to throw a super charger on one of mine and see what I get from it.
The current power curve makes that 350hp at 5200 RPM, not too usable for
city driving.

I always like driving a manual. However, I bought our 2004 GTOs with
automatics. My concern is the other half. She is bad with a stick. Should we
take my car, and something happen to me if we are hiking around on a Olympus
photo shoot, I would want her to be able to drive it. Like all rules there
is an exception, my 69 Yenko Camaro is a manual, but that car never goes
anywhere far from home.

The current GM 4 year lease deal on the '04's makes it cheaper to lease one
and do the buyout at the end, than to get one financed. You should be able
to end up in the $27,000 area for an '04 even though the sticker is around
$34,000.

Mark