[OM] Re: 3848850082 You know where

Subject: [OM] Re: 3848850082 You know where
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 20:14:22 -0800
<< As with the pawnshop seller in Nevada, I quickly turn the page when I
come upon an auction by this guy. In the past I've asked some questions
about lenses he was selling. IIRC, his answers left me quite
underwhelmed. As always, ask yourself how much are you willing to lose
when placing your maximum bid. >>

Oh my Gosh, are these folks bad news re: cameras!  They sold off their
business to Cash America, after failing to recoup the $6M it took to
develop the computer application to run the businesses.  The database
feeding the eBay auction templates isn't quality controlled.  Their
mistakes would be hilarious if they didn't screw so many folks.  Now
they are trying to sell rights to use their database at eBay drop off
stores.  They claim to know what stuff is worth, but their database is
corrupted with so many product misidentifications that their sales data
is uncorrectable.  It's basically near minimum wage kids running the
eBay selling.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV