[OM] Re: Tamron 80-200/2.8 was Wooo Hoooo . . .

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 80-200/2.8 was Wooo Hoooo . . .
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:06:01 +0000
Andrew,

A hood, any hood, as long as it doesn't vignette, is preferable to no hood at
all.  I have the proper hood for my 80-200/2.8 Tamron, and it's always used,
except when I feel the need for a filter.  Then, since I don't have a set of
77mm filters, I use a 77-82mm step-up ring and a two-inch deep, $10, metal,
82mm screw-in hood I got off *Bay a couple of years ago.  If you've got this
lens and don't have the "proper" bayonet hood, a screw-in 77mm hood a couple of
inches deep will do just as well.  May not look as good, but it'll do the job,
and you could probably find one in the junk bin at most any camera store.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --