[OM] Re: The ultimate OT post that will pi## almost everyone off.

Subject: [OM] Re: The ultimate OT post that will pi## almost everyone off.
From: Wim Verheyen <aemit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:58:32 +0200
 > Part of my intent was to illustrate to folks on the list the degree to which
 > OT posting did not forward the purpose of this list, which happens to not be
 > providing space for political discourse.

Congratulations, but I don't think this had to be illustrated in this way.

 >> top 10% of income earners probably gets even more than 70% of the income
 >> bottom 50% of taxpayers probably don't even get 5% of all income?

 > What you are proposing in just supposition.

No, it is not, I just don't have the exaxt numbers.
Let me just quote Mike on this :
 > The total wealth of the Fortune 400 wealthiest people in the US is equal
 > to the total wealth of the 100 million poorest people,  i.e. over 1/3 of
 > the  population so we are including much of the lower middle class.

And to keep my reply short, I just 100% agree with what Larry wrote.

 > So, there it is.  You and I have each made your feelings known to list
and I
 > respectively request that is you or anyone else feels compelled to carry
this
 > any further, please do it off list.

Who are you to request that this be taken off list ? I would agree if the list
mom would ask (not request) this. Remember, you started this thread in the
first
place. Having your say, and then again, but then requesting that everyone else
should shut up gives me the impression of ultimate arrogance.
Having said that, it's over and out for me on this subject anyway, it's a waste
of time, effort and list bandwith, at least there we possibly agree.

  Wim Verheyen, Houthalen, Belgium, aemit@xxxxxxxxx
  Photography and synthesizers
  http://users.skynet.be/aemit/        http://aemit.fotopic.net/