[OM] Re: Trip to the big city - looking at cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: Trip to the big city - looking at cameras
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 20:15:36 +0200
Very well said AG!

Also many thanks for checking out the two Canon Digitals. I also really
wanted to like them, partly because the accesoires for them are so cheap (in
comparison to the E-1 accesoires). I did hold a 10D in my hands a couple of
months ago. It was the first dslr I held in my hands. I initially thought
this might be the camera that I like. I was not in the market for one at
that time however. But after a few minutts fondling with it I longed after
my OM's (2n and 4Ti). I can handle them blindfolded. Of no use for taking
photographs of course, but what I mean is that all controlls are where I
expect them. If I make the change to digital there will be a learning curve,
because I think all digital camera's are so loaded with options that you
need the menu's just like in Windows. I wtill don't like it like I was used
to DOS en WP5.1!

Must be becomming an ald fart at 41!

snip
-----
As good as the OM-2N is, and as perfect as it was in its day,
the OM-2n is barely viable anymore. But it is an example of a
camera designed at the pinnicle of SLR development. There will
never be another camera like it again.

It's a shame that today's camera designers have lost that
connection with those things that truely made a camera great.

Really, it's a shame.

AG
-----
end snip