[OM] Re: Photo Expo

Subject: [OM] Re: Photo Expo
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 17:06:10 -0400
We went to the Photo Expo Plus at the Javits Center in NY yesterday.  On the
way in, anyone carrying a camera was stopped and told that "taking pictures
inside the exhibit was prohibited unless you get specific permission from
each exhibitor".  I said "I can't use my camera in a photographic equipment
exhibition?" then I  laughed in her face.  People in the Olympus booth knew
nothing about it and commented that such a request was ridiculous.

I had a chance to handle the E-300 and was quite impressed.  8 meg using the
new Kodak sensor.  It felt very sturdy. Rep said would sell for under $1000
retail with the 14-54 lens.  The feeling and heft alone put the C*n#n
Digital Rebel to shame.  The Verve (available in 6 colors) is a very cool
little digital camera.  Very small streamlined body, has no conventional
viewfinder so LCD is used for all framing.  4 megs.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington, NY, 11743-4714,
631-424-2121, www.zuiko.com