[OM] Re: Prefire ? (was: When is enough enough?)

Subject: [OM] Re: Prefire ? (was: When is enough enough?)
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 22:07:00 -0700
on 10/18/04 1:58 AM, Guillaume Remy at guillaumme_75@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Can anybody tell to a newcomer to the wonderful world of 1-digit OM's if
> mirror- & aperture
> prefire are automatic and, if not, how to get them prefired; I completely went
> through the OM4
> manual, but found nothing about that feature...
>
> Guillaume
>
> ---
>
> <snip>
>
> Course, that's when you use mirror pre-fire, cable-release, yada
> yada yada.
>
> <snip>

The OM-4 automatically prefires when you trigger the self-timer. So fix the
camera on a tripod, set the selftime, focus and frame, then release the
shutter... the self-timer begins its red flashing and beeping and the mirror
flips up and the aperture stops down. Everything settles down
vibration-wise, then ~10 seconds later the shutter trips off. Wind on the
film, and don't forget to turn the self-timer off if you're done with it.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...