[OM] Re: Looking for a TOPE image

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking for a TOPE image
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:50:46 +0000
If looks could kill....

Interesting shot.  One thing I have noticed over my three or four years here,
and from looking at the TOPE gallery, is that it seems like not too many
Zuikoholics shoot people.  Sure, everybody takes pictures of friends and
family, but I see very few photos of alien folk.  As an old Southern commedian
used to say, a stranger's just a friend you ain't met yet.  Be bold.  Fire
away. You can get away with a lot with a smile.  I shoot lots of landscapes,
old buildings, flowers, birds, bugs, but the pics with people often seem to be
the most interesting.

Maybe my early years as a photo-journalist got me past the fear of
photographing people, even unhappy or angry ones, but I was physically
assaulted only once, and I fought back then with a 5-pound, solid metal Bell &
Howell 70HR.  Besides, my protagonist was handcuffed and the two cops he had
momentarily escaped from quickly subdued him and tuned him up a bit.  As a
matter of courtesty and discretion, I took no pictures during the tune-up.

Walt, who will shoot you at the drop of a hat

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

-------------- Original message from "Wayne Harridge" : --------------