[OM] Back from Barcelona

Subject: [OM] Back from Barcelona
From: "Donald MacDonald" <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:14:24 +0100

Very enjoyable four days in Barcelona. Thanks to those who suggested
modifications to the kit for the trip.

I eventually went with OM4, OM1n, 28/2.8, 28/3.5, 35/2, 85/2, 135/2.8,
2x-A, 7mm manual tube and T20 flash. And my RC. Used everything except the
7mm tube. Mostly used the 35 and the 24, then the 85 and 28 about equally,
and the 135 least, either on its own or with the 2x-A. About equally the
135/2x-A combo and the 85/2x-A combo.

Shot a lot of Provia 100F, a roll of 400F and finished a roll of FP4 that
was in the OM4. Will get to developing the FP4 next week, and will send
off the Provia on Monday.

The one disappointment of the trip was seeing my first E-1 in the flesh,
behind glass in El Corte Ingles. As one who is used to backpacking with my
camera kit in one rucsac pocket, that is a seriously large camera. And a
seriously large lens (the kit zoom). Ouch. What size is the Pentax..?

I enjoyed being about the only person shooting film. I saw a couple of
other OMs in use, and one very large Nikon, and an old Minolta. Everyone
else had a digi. Dozens of them, little flashes going off all the time and
lots of chimping going on. Quite a few people using phones as cameras. I
can't imagine shooting the Sagrada Familia with a phone.

Fiona shot about 75 shots with her F*j* S5000. I didn't miss any of the
joys of digital. I'll be back in Barcelona in spirit when the slides
arrive, but I'm already planning my next shoot...

D.

--
Donald Neil MacDonald BA DipLIS
www.skelpitheid.com