[OM] Question about battery compatibility

Subject: [OM] Question about battery compatibility
From: Gary Teller <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:28:05 -0400
Here's a question for the electrical wizards on the list.  I've got an
"old" (I'm guessing 1970's) Honeywell Strobonar 660 flash that still has
leaking, corroded NiCad C cell batteries in it.  The instruction manual
says to use only NiCad C cells.  What I'd like to know is if, after
cleaning up the battery compartment, I can safely use alkaline C cells for
a short time--just long enough to test fire the flash a few times.  I know
the flash works because I've fired it while using its AC adapter but I
don't want to fry any circuitry by using alkaline batteries.

Thanks,

Gary