[OM] Re: Interview with Olympus R&D managers

Subject: [OM] Re: Interview with Olympus R&D managers
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:24:12 -0700
I imagine a lot is decided on who owns what patent and how much a
license costs. Both Nikon and Canon went with IS/VR in the lens even in
their digicams. It may be that Konica-Minolta has locked up the sensor
movement option with patents. There have been rumors floating around
that Nikon is working on a zero gain telextender with VR built in that
would allow any lens that would fit the mount to be VR.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA