[OM] Re: dallas again; equipment to lug around?

Subject: [OM] Re: dallas again; equipment to lug around?
From: Steve Goss <stevegoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 23:12:31 -0500

Siddiq wrote:

> If i wander around the arboretum by myself, would you figure at most of
> the day can be spent there? I might skip the tripod, but then it really
> isn't for sake of exposure, but rather composition, to get things level
> and square. hm....

The arboretum isn't huge, but has more stuff than when I was there last.
<http://www.dallasarboretum.org/> You could lose several hours there if
you take your time setting up shots. Since my daughter needs to catch or
take pictures of 70 insects for her science class, we may drop by Sunday
afternoon.

> Yes, those two, not sure if SR is open to public though, it seems more
> like a conference center in the middle of a national park. HR, however,
> might have some things to see (given i like old bucolic "stuff").

Southfork's web site says they give (sell) tours every day. It will not
be bucolic, though. Way too much money for that. The Heritage Farmstead
will definitely have the edge on bucolic. And be closer to you.

Thanks, Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa