[OM] lens; help me narrow down for dallas

Subject: [OM] lens; help me narrow down for dallas
From: Siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 15:01:54 -0700
I'm thinking the following:

1. 35-70/3.6
2. 50/1.4
3. 28/3.5

only one of those. I have no idea, really, what plano holds for me to see,
or indeed what, if any, places i will be able to go and see given this is
primarily a family-visit trip.

I'd really like to keep it small/light and only one body, so one lens, and
lots of film. the zoom has a nice little range, which may be handy (almost
exclusively used in india) or just a slowish lens w/ middling range. the
28 would let me take shots of buildings and the like, the 50 is a speedy
little bugger letting me shoot long after the sun goes down *handheld*
since no tripods for this short trip.not only can i focus easier, but the
large mass will marginally dampen the tendency of the camera to flip up as
the mirror slaps. However, the 28 will let me handhold slower w/o visible
blurring due to wider perspective. So i guess it comes down to this, the
50 or 28? which would you take? i'd like to hear in particular from DFW
folk, since they will be more familiar w/ territory--will almost
exclusively be in Plano, perhaps a quick run to the DFW metro area, not
sure. What do i plan to shoot? mainly whatever suits my fancy while
walking around, perhaps the arboretum if possible. oh, and LOTS and LOTS
of pics of my new niece, which the reason for going to texas :) figure the
50 will do better in that regard, but the family digicam will already be
doing that. Comments? thanks.

--
/S
aim:iddibhai