[OM] Re: The tumbling price of memory for e-1

Subject: [OM] Re: The tumbling price of memory for e-1
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 11:27:31 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How sad that photographic gear, even to some extent pro stuff, has
> entered
> the modern realm of throw away mentality.
> Hey, if it breaks in a year or two, no big deal.   The replacement is
> half
> the price and twice as 'capable'...

My feelings exactly. One unfortunate consequence of our "throw away
mentality" here in the States is that since we don't want the toxic
throw away junk polluting our landfills, it gets shipped overseas to
pollute the environments of those less fortunate than us:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A56653-2003Feb24&notFound=true

Richard

http://mail.yahoo.com