[OM] Re: FW: new scanner concept

Subject: [OM] Re: FW: new scanner concept
From: Michael Darling <miked2002@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 21:22:55 -0400
On 10/7/04 8:22 PM, "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The film software for the 5000F stinks.

Same for the 9900F. I bought one for my father a little less than a year
ago. About 2 months after my dad got it, it stopped detecting the film
holders correctly. Canon support websites stance on this - live without the
batch film scanning features in canoscan, and crop each frame individually.

Perhaps they've fixed this problem. Maybe the new versions shipping with the
new scanners will work with the 9900F. I haven't looked into the issue for a
couple of months because I don't have the beast here with me, but because of
all this it's hard to get excited about a new scanner from them.

-mike