[OM] Re: Comments on dioptric correction lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Comments on dioptric correction lenses
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 14:36:52 -0400
Richard said:
Hmmm, if I understand the addition and subtraction of positive and
negative numbers correctly, the formula should be:

nominal value = (actual power) + (-0.7 diopter)

My diopter is -1.25 and according to the above formula my OM correction
lens should be a -1.95 or -2.  In truth, a -3 type 1 works for me on my
OM-1.

Uh, oh!  Your experience actually fits the table shown in the eSIF.

Chuck Norcutt