[OM] Re: Getting to grips with things...

Subject: [OM] Re: Getting to grips with things...
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 16:32:34 +0000
Maybe you shouldn't turn the scanner off with the film holder in it.  I don't
know which Minolta scanner you're using, but the 5400, for instance, doesn't
like to be put to sleep with the film holder still inside.  If you should
ignore its wishes and do so, and if the scanner is working correctly, when you
turn it back on, it will instantly spit the film holder out and silently but
roundly curse you for leaving it in and plan to get even with you later by
doing something really strange.

Besides, leaving the holder in keeps the door open so that dust can get inside.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

-------------- Original message from "Jeff Keller" : --------------

> Seems my Minolta & firewire doesn't like to power up with a film carrier in
> it.
[snip]